If you like what you see here,
join us in our work as an
HHSI Associate Member, Supporter or Patron.
You can post us a cheque or postal order (made payable to ‘The Historical Harp Society of Ireland’) to
The Historical Harp Society of Ireland, 33 Altamount Park, Kilkenny R95 R7DE, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland.
We accept foreign-currency cheques for an amount equivalent to €35 or above.
You can make a direct credit transfer to
Acc. name: The Historical Harp Society of Ireland
Bank address: Allied Irish Bank, 3 High St, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
IBAN: IE39 AIBK 9331 9847 9670 49
BIC / SWIFT: AIBKIE2D
Keep up with our news!
If you would like only to be kept in the loop about HHSI news and activities, please sign up HERE to join our e-newsletter list.
What your support achieves
By supporting and / or joining us, you are playing a real, tangible part in HHSI work: helping to revive the ancient and illustrious instrument depicted in Ireland’s national emblem, and helping to give back to the world 800+ years of Gaelic harp history, which might otherwise remain silent.
Specifically, your support allows us to
- present Discovery Days: talks, concerts & beginners’ workshops for adults and children
- create resources for our members: the first ever early Irish harp rental collection for tuition, and the world’s first reference and lending library in the field
- support scientific research on surviving historic harps
- provide information services to amateur, student and professional players, academic researchers, historical harp builders, venues, concert promoters, the media and more
- offer concert, lecture and workshop recordings on our Youtube channel
- run our annual international summer festival – Scoil na gCláirseach – for the instrument and related traditions inc. concerts with leading international historical harpists, pipers & singers
- guide and mentor beginning / up-and-coming & professional harpists, singers and researchers
We promise always to put your money to the very best use in pursuit of our mission. Here’s what the Arts Council of Ireland said about us in a report in 2019:
[The] HHSI is the only organisation dedicated to the early Irish harp. Through knowledge and ambition, the organisation has established itself and continues to advance the ways in which it can grow in the context of the traditional arts community and the wider music community. It is spearheaded by personnel who are deeply involved in the early harp tradition…[this] defines the ways in which HHSI informs and advances the history, repertoire, style and vision for the future for the instrument. The specific needs of this particular instrument and practice, the early Irish harp, cannot be fully met through other existing resource organisations.
The organisation has an exemplary track record in delivering high quality events to a devoted audience…At every level the programmed events and planned initiatives involve high quality and experienced artists and personnel…an artistic vision that is matched with suitably developed thought around each element and with a clear vision underpinning the activities…The creative and administrative team are highly experienced…HHSI continues to increase its reach with ever increasing success at engaging the public…It continues to excel as an organisation by delivering a specific and unique element of the traditional arts to the arts community and the wider public.
HHSI members receive updates on activities (make sure you have signed up to our e-newsletter), and in Ireland, have access to the HHSI library. If you are taking tuition with an HHSI teacher, you also have the possibility to rent an HHSI Student harp.
Membership runs from January to December each year. All members are listed on the HHSI Supporters page, unless they wish to remain anonymous.
Further ways to support us
Thank you for any and all support!